Sunday, March 08, 2009

Do You Really Love Him?

I was reading my daily devotion from My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers and this passage just moved me so much I thought I should share it.
To be surrendered to God is of more value than our personal holiness. Concern over our personal holiness causes us to focus our eyes on ourselves, and we become overly concerned about the way we walk and talk and look,out of fear of offending God. "...but perfect love casts out fear..."once we are surrendered to God (1John 4:18). We should quit asking ourselves, "Am I of use?" and accept the truth that we really are not of much use to Him. The issue is never of being of use,but of being of value to God Himself. Once we are totally surrendered to God, He will work through us all the time.

No comments: