Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Sermon

The sermon series at the Bayou right now is Encounters, talking about different encounters people had with Jesus. Today's sermon was on the rich young ruler. He had it all: money, youth, political status, religious status, and morality. When this man was confronted with Jesus, he wanted to know what he needed to do to have eternal life. Jesus knew his heart. He knew that outwardly he was a good person but that his heart was focused on his money and not on God. Jesus told the man to give away everything and follow Him. The man turned away from Jesus and kept his money and power as his number one.

The sermon reminded me that at times we have to lose the things we love the most if they take the place of Jesus in our lives. Though it has been very painful, I am glad that I had to lose what I loved the most to know that Jesus must be what I love most. It also comforts me to know that I can never lose Jesus.

No comments: